<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Lyndon Hood - website slut, Lower hutt

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Those of you who follow Scoop with the same avid attention you give this weblog may have noticed - I've had a couple of pieces Scoop.

I expect this trend to continue. I'll be re-posting, or at least linking to them, on FIghting Talk, so if you're afraid of indy media don't stress.

And no doubt I'll supplement them with more personal or pointy-headed FT exclusives. Not that I'm making promises about the future content of a weblog, because that would be foolishness verging on hubris.

For those who missed the last two...

The Member of Tamaki Makaurau
Some time ago, on the discount table at Cash Converters, I came across a handwritten manuscript of great age (unfortunately I've lost the receipt). Looking over what was still legible - the paper has unfortunately been chewed over continuously by a variety of creatures - it became obvious that I was looking at one of the lost plays of William Shakespeare, titled 'The Member of Tamaki Makaurau' ...

How Transpower Ended Up In The Caymans
From: usaattorneyfirm@webmail.ru
To: parliament@govt.nz
Subject: Urgent business proposal

CONFIDENTIAL ATTENTION: Chairman, Chief Executive Officer or Minister of State Owned Enterprises.

Warmest greeting! I hope my message finds you to be in good health.

My name is YOUR NAME HERE. I have a genuine business proposal that may be of interest to you and your state-owned enterprises ...