Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Click to enlarge
In a surprise reversal, the Government has unexpectedly included their 90-day probationary employment bill in their urgency plan.
Even as urgency commences, neither the public, nor opposition MPs, nor for that matter many Government MPs have any idea what other bills might appear or what is in the ones that have been announced.
Good news! The following draft has appeared on Scoop's desk.
So if you're hungry for democratic accountability, we hope it will keep you going in the meantime.
National Government First Hundred Days Programme
The Previously Unpublished Second Page
- The Pass Our Whole Election Platform Under Urgency And Avoid All That Tedious Legislative Scrutiny Omnibus Bill all stages
- The John Key Adorability (Perpetuation) Bill
- The Sentencing (Special Auckland Islands Gulag For Winston Peters) Bill
- The still-being-drafted Education Standards (Extreme Prejudice) Bill, to improve results by identifying underachieving students and efficiently eliminating them.
- The Financial Reporting (Look, it really should have been Somebody's job to have told us about that ACC thing, and even if it wasn't, it would have been, y'know, nice. Thanks a bundle. Not.) Bill
- Further to the ACT coalition agreement, a bill suspending the proposed Government response to the circularity of the Earth and establishing a select committee to investigate the question.
- The Armed Forces (Never Mind South Seas Maritime Rescue Let's Have Them Build A Secret Island Lair For Wayne Mapp) Bill all stages
- The Antarctic Whale Sanctuary (Covertly Arming Whales) Bill
- The Energy Efficiency (Removing Standards At Random) Amendment Bill
- Some sort of motion to improve Parliamentary standards and behaviour. Also, make the Queen's representative talk about a "decade of missed opportunities" a few more times. That was awesome.
- The Speaking Of Which, Let's See Some Enthusiasm From The Governor-General When Reciting Speeches Prepared By Someone Else Bill
- The Accient Compensation (Can Everyone Just Stop Having Accidents For A While) Bill
- The Hidden Agenda (Pandering To Shadowy Right Wing Backers) Bill
- The Economic Stimulus (Some Sort Of Retail-Based Holiday In Late December) Bill all stages.
- The Purchasing More Monkeys And Typewriters (Possible Need For Quickly Drafted Legislation To Fill In Urgency Time) Bill all stages